Maintenance Tips for Projector—Water Coolant Replacement & Filter Mesh Clean-up
Normal use of projector cannot be separated from a good daily care. Better equipment maintenance is conductive to extending the service life of projector, ensuring the quality of projection, and guaranteeing the smooth operation of cinema.the daily maintenance and care of projector, water coolant replacement and filter mesh clean-up have played quite an important role. Today I will focus on the two aspects and share with you some super practical maintenance skills for ALPD® laser light source projector. I bet you just cannot wait, let’s get started!
Replacement of water coolant
During operation, the projector will continuously generate heat, which if not discharged in time, may lower the efficiency of laser transmitter, cause destruction, demoulding and ablation to the optical glasses, or lead the phosphor powder to such problems as low efficiency, brightness decay and color cast, while timely replacement of water coolant can effectively avoid these problems, and ensure the normal running of machine.
When is it needed to replace the water coolant?
1. Observe the color of water coolant, and replace the water coolant timely when it is found of turbidity and foamed impurity
2. When the level of water coolant is lower than the minimum scale as shown below, it is needed to replenish water coolant to the highest level
How to replace the water coolant scientifically?
As is shown below, loosen the two spring screws and draw out the metal cover plate, then use force to unscrew the upper lid of water cooling tank, and replenish or replace the water coolant.
Replacement cycle: Normally, water coolant shall be replaced once every two years, or may be replaced as appropriate.
1. It is needed to empty the water cooling tank when changing for a different brand of water coolant, so as to avoid mixture
2. Water coolant shall not be replenished beyond the maximum scale>
Clean-up of filter mesh
Dirty filter mesh of water coolant may affect the heat dissipation of fan, and even lead the fan to stop working. High temperature shall therefore affect the normal running of circuit board.
Appropriate procedure to clean up filter mesh
1. Loosen the two spring screws as shown on the left, and draw out the filter mesh holder
2. As shown below, draw out the filter mesh from holder and clean it by padding dust off. Please be sure that filter mesh is perfectly matched with the structural parts without leaving any gaps after being placed back.
Normally, it is suggested it be cleaned once every three months; if the filter mesh is too dirty, cleaning interval may also be shortened as appropriate.Projection is carried out daily, let’s "care" for the projector together